Tuesday, August 31, 2010

end of the summer blues



end of the summer blues, originally uploaded by Sophie_vf.
finally! I got around to winding up the yarn I plied way back in January, and started a sock. It's lumpy, and gets thick and thin in spots, but really no worse than Noro. It's certainly not as soft as Malabrigo, but hey, what is.

It feels like I've been working on this for a very long time, and in fact I started spinning it way back the summer before last. I have two reasonably sized hanks of 2 ply, which I have very scientifically estimated to be close to sufficient because when I squish them in my hand they feel about the same size as a sock.
DSC_5047

I'm still spinning this stuff, but not because I think I'll actually need it - it's just very portable and easy to pick up and spin a bit at a time, and I love watching the colours change as I spin - almost hypnotic.


2 comments:

michele said...

looks really good!

why does summer always go so fast. way too fast.

Sophie_vf said...

thanks guys!
I just spent the last few days spinning and plying more yarn for these. My very scientific method for measuring yarn has turned out to be wildly inaccurate!