Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Excompta sketchbook in Madeira


Exacompta sketchbook, 279/365, originally uploaded by Sophie_vf.

Almost too beautiful to despoil with ink, pencil and paint. But I'm going to do it anyway. I'm working on a review of this book, along with the US version of the Habana and Rhodia webnotebook. It's a welcome distraction from work/school, and I am going to have fun with this!

I feel like I need to warm up a bit, first. I really have done very little sketching and drawing over the summer, and what little I've done is mostly unpostable. A good deal of what I drew earlier this year was done in church, and I prefer not to post anything with overtly religious themes. So it will take a little while to get my hand back in, and maybe it will be just as well to test this book by using colour swatches and samples - maybe that will help get things flowing again.

No comments: