Friday, April 21, 2006

Winging it


Winging it
Originally uploaded by Sophie_vf.
I'm winging this sweater. I bought a bunch of Silky Wool and couldn't find a pattern I really wanted to use for it.
So, with Priscilla Gibson Roberts "Knitting in the Old Way" (courtesy of Loretta - I owe you one, buddy!) and Ann Budd's "Handy Book of Patterns" by my side I figured out my numbers and just started knitting. Added waist shaping from Rosedale, short rows at the bust from Shapely Tank, and short rows to shape the back shoulders. I'm looking forward to trying the 3 needle bindoff, which Andrea promises me will make my life easier ;)

I'm about to split the neck and try a seed stitch placket. It's fun making things up as you go along.

pattern: in progress
yarn: Elisabeth Lavold Silky Wool, cedar and rust
needles: size 6 addi circs

No comments: