Friday, June 02, 2006

Now knitting

I have way too many WIPs on the go, but they're all different enough that it's nice moving between them. The Icarus is my pet project - I love the feel of the laceweight zephyr yarn, and it's nice to have a relatively simple pattern for the first part of the shawl to get used to working with it.

Four repeats in:


Icarus shawl, 4 repeats in

and progress blogged at the Icarus Shawl KAL

I'm also working on the Lotus Blossom tank, but am probably going to re-start in a solid colour and resume with the Heatwave I started a month or so ago:


Froggable Heatwave

I just think the colours and variagation work better in a simple st st. tank as opposed to the much girlier lotus blossom.

Other than that, I'm mostly working on stuff with holes. I love lace. I've never worn lace till now, but it's so much fun to knit, I can't stay away from it. Besdies the Icarus shawl, I'm also working on the little arrowhead shawl from Interweave's Web projects, and Hedera from Knitty.

Holey knitting

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

So many gorgeous projects you have going on! I'm totally amazed by the Icarus, what a beauty it already is! I love the pattern of the Lotus Blossom Tank - I suppose you're right to re-start it in a solid color, even though I like your version now a lot as well! Happy knitting!
Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog