Monday, May 22, 2006

Falling Leaves

While dithering over Denmark, I finished up the last of my 2 100 gram skeins of Fortissima to make anklets. I'd already knit a pair of Conwys and Nancy Bush's Rib and Cable socks from this yarn, and I love the look and feel of it. But I knew a third pair of full length socks wasn't going to happen, and anyway, we're going into summer. So lace it is:

Falling Leaves socks

They're actually a little big for me, and my foot doesn't open up the lace pattern as nicely as it could. But there's no way I'm going to knit with anything smaller than a size 0 needle; and it was too finicky to figure out how to make a 12 stitch repeat smaller. They're comfy and I'm happy with them.

Falling Leaves socks

pattern: Falling Leaves, from Knitty
yarn: Fortissima Colori (I've gotten three pairs out of 200 grams - I am a happy camper!)
needle: size 0 Addi circular, magic loop
finished with 1X 1 rib and grafted off - best toe-up finish ever!

knit shorter to accomodate leftover yarn, Magic Cast-on subbed for the short row toes

3 comments:

jill said...

oooh - so pretty! I love all your socks, Sophie.

Perhaps when I get my *&^% together, we could do a sockpal thingy...

Rebecca said...

Love your Falling Leaves socks in the anklet style! I think I'll make these for my BLESS HER COTTON SOCKS SWAP! I noticed on your Flickr your clipboard with a magnetic ruler that has an opening in it....where did you find that?
http://socks-for-mum.blogspot.com

Sophie_vf said...

Thanks guys.

Rebecca, the clipboard is actually just a typist's line reader. It's not magnetic, it's just held in place with a spring clip, but it works very well. It was very cheap at Staples :)