Sunday, October 31, 2010

Friday: green


green, originally uploaded by Sophie_vf.

My response for Daisy Yellow's Friday prompt, Green.

I have wicked deadlines right now, snapping at my heels like wolves, so this was very much a quickie. I started by wetting a sketchbook page with water, then dropped some Herbin Vert Olive ink onto the wet paper directly from my pen. After it dried, I sketched the house with white gel pen, filled in a bit with the fountain pen itself and and sketching crayons.

I'm surprised at how insubstantial it looks, as though it might fade away completely, or come and go like a phantom house.

7 comments:

michele said...

i would never have guessed this was a quick job.

karen said...

I love how the green ink separates into yellows near the edges. Did that happen naturally, or did you use other colors?

Sophie_vf said...

for ink, I just used the one color - it just separated out on its own. It really was a very quick job, other than waiting for the ink to dry!

Rachel said...

Oh how lovely!
I am going to look up that ink now. Also the sketching in white looks great, I would not have thought to do that!

Erin C. said...

Brilliant combination of materials, Sophie. Wish I could say I created something like this quickly!

Sophie_vf said...

thank you - yes it was fun - you should try it too and see how easy it is!

craftyvox said...

Quicky or not, I think it's fabulouse!