Thursday, June 11, 2009

leap!


cabriolet, 161/365, originally uploaded by Sophie_vf.

So this is the first time I've had a camera that could shoot in RAW, the digitial equivalent of negatives (or postives too, I suppose). Up till now, I couldn't really see any good reason to use it, since RAW files aren't immediately viewable in Windows Explorer, and because they're completely humongous. However, Rita at Coffeshop Photography started writing presets for LightRoom that can also be used in PSE7. Although they can also be used on jpgs, which I usually take, they work best on RAW images, and no tweaking is needed afterwards. I'm not sure how much I'm willing to use RAW, since the files are so huge, but it's fun to play with once in a while.

And again - I like the way her preset brings the contrast and texture out in these chives:

chives in vanilla

No comments: